Over 90% of all Midlands Tech students receive financial aid. The first step to getting financial aid, including scholarships, loans, grants, and work study, is to fill out a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Our school code for FAFSA is 003993.
Types of Financial Aid Available:
Federal and State Aid
- South Carolina Lottery Tuition Assitance Program
- South Carolina LIFE Scholarship
- SC National Guard College Assistance Program
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants
- South Carolina State Need-Based Grant
- Federal Work Study
- William D. Ford Federal Direct Loans
- Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS)
Lottery Tuition Assistance for South Carolina Students
Almost all students that qualify for in-state tuition rates can get lottery-funded tuition assistance, regardless of need. There is no special application required just fill out your FAFSA!
- Full time students will receive up to $1140 per semester (12 credit hour minimum).
- Part time students will receive $95 per credit hour (6 credit hour minimum)
Please note: Recipients of the LIFE scholarship are not eligible for lottery-funded tuition assistance.
LIFE is a merit-based scholarship that usually covers tuition and books for MTC students who meet eligibility requirements.
Satisfactory Academic Progress
All students who receive federal or state financial aid must meet certain standards to keep receiving financial aid.
- Student must maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA
- Student must maintain a 70% pace rate of all attempted courses
- Student must complete their program of study within 150% of the total hours required to complete their program
Were you selected for verification? Get more information about what verification is and what to do next.
Tuition Costs and Associated Fees
For full-time academic students who are residents of Richland, Lexington and Fairfield Counties, tuition is only $151 per credit hour. You may have additional expenses like books and transportation to campus.
Tuition By Credit Hour
|In Richland/Lexington/Fairfield Counties||$151 per credit hour|
|Out of County||$189 per credit hour|
|Out of State||$453 per credit hour|
|International||$453 per credit hour|
Health science students may have additional fees for equipment and supplies.
|General Course Fee per credit hour||$19|
|Tech Course Fee per credit hour||$9|
|Late Registration Fee||$150|
How To Pay
OPTION 1: Online through your MyMTC account
OPTION 2: In person
Airport Campus - Reed Hall Room 114
Beltline Campus – Student Center Room 126
Harbison Campus – Harbison Hall Room 105
Batesburg-Leesville Campus – Room 105 (limited hours)
Fairfield – Room 103 (limited hours)
OPTION 3: By Phone
Call 803-732-5200 and select option 1
Tuition refunds are initiated when a student officially withdraws from a class by submitting the Drop/Add/Withdrawal Form to the Student Records Office. Fees are non-refundable.
Refunds may take 3-4 weeks to process. The amount of your refund depends on when you submit your form.
|If you submit your form on:
(Note: Day 1 is the first day of class.)
You'll receive a:
|Day 1-5||100% refund|
|Day 6-10||50% refund|
|Day 11-15||25% refund|
|After Day 15||
Student Financial Services